Co-first authors #; Mentored graduate student * or undergraduate student ^
11. Kitchen, S.A., G. Von Kuster, K.L. Vasquez Kuntz*, H.G. Reich*, W. Miller, S. Griffin, N.D. Fogarty and I.B. Baums (bioRxiv pre-print) STAGdb: a 30K SNP genotyping array and Science Gateway for Acropora corals and their dinoflagellate symbionts. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.01.21.914424
10. Baums, I.B., A.C. Baker, S.W. Davies, A. Grottoli, C.D. Kenkel, S.A. Kitchen, I.B. Kuffner, T.C. LaJeunesse, M.V. Matz, M.W. Miller, J.E. Parkinson, and A.A. Shantz, (2019) Considerations for maximizing the adaptive potential of restored coral populations in the western Atlantic. Ecological Applications, e01978.
9. Parkinson, J.E., A.C. Baker, I.B. Baums, S.W. Davies, A. Grottoli, S.A. Kitchen, T.C. LaJeunesse, M.V. Matz, M.W. Miller, A.A. Shantz, and C.D. Kenkel (2019) Molecular tools for coral reef restoration: beyond biomarker discovery. Conservation Letters, e12687.
8. Kitchen, SA#, A Ratan#, OC Bedoya-Renia, R Burhans, ND Fogarty, W Miller, and IB Baums (2019) Genomic variants among threatened Acropora corals. G3: Genes|Genomes|Genetics
7. Kramer, B, AJ Bourdelais, SA Kitchen, and AR Taylor. (2018) Uptake and localization of fluorescently-labeled Karenia brevis metabolites in marine microbial taxa. Journal of Phycology.
6. Kitchen, SA, AJ Bourdelais, and AR Taylor. (2018) Interaction of a dinoflagellate neuotoxin with voltage-activated ion channels in a marine diatom. PeerJ 6:e4533
5. Sproles*, AE, NL Kirk, SA Kitchen, CA Oakley, AR Grossman, VM Weis, and SK Davy. (2018) Phylogenetic characterization of transporter proteins in the cnidarian-dinoflagellate symbiosis. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 120: 307-320.
4. Kitchen, SA, AZ Poole, and VM Weis. (2017) Sphingolipid metabolism of a sea anemone is altered by the presence of dinoflagellate symbionts. The Biological Bulletin, 233 (3): 242-254.
3. Kitchen, SA and VM Weis. (2017) The sphingosine rheostat is involved in the cnidarian heat stress response but not necessarily in bleaching. Journal of Experimental Biology, 220: 1709-1720.
2. Poole, AZ, SA Kitchen, and VM Weis. (2016) The role of complement in cnidarian-dinoflagellate symbiosis and immune challenge in the sea anemone Aiptasia pallida. Frontiers in Microbiology, 7: 519.
1. Kitchen, SA#, CM Crowder#, AZ Poole, VM Weis and E Meyer. (2015) De novo assembly and characterization of four anthozoan transcriptomes. G3: Genes|Genomes|Genetics, 5(11): 2441-2452. Cover Art
PAPERS IN PREPARATION
2. Kitchen, S.A, M.K. Devlin-Durante, A. Chan*, B. Kamel, S.B. Piorkowski^, H.G. Reich*, K. Stankiewicz*, S. Vohsen*, N.D. Fogarty, W. Miller, and I.B. Baums (in preparation) Genome-wide analysis of introgression and speciation in Caribbean acroporids.
1. Kitchen, S A, D Jiang, S Harii, N Satoh, VM Weis, and C Shinzato. (in preparation) Transcriptional differences in coral larvae during the onset of symbiosis with elevated temperature.